This meal is always included in my weekly meal plan, because it’s the shit. To tell you the truth, it is actually my boyfriends speciality and he has finally shared the secret recipe with me, which I truly appreciate because now I get to share this magic with everyone else.
Fully vegan and it’s so great because every time we make this it taste different because you can pick and choose what you want to include in your Patty and how you want to mix up flavours. But with this specific burger, I will be sharing my favourite, which is Mexican style.
Let’s get into the good stuff:
*This will make 4 patties, which is great for two people and can save for lunch the next day*
What you need
- Tin of black beans
- Red onion, diced
- 6 brown button mushrooms, diced
- Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, paprika and cumin (Or a taco seasoning)
- 1/2 green capsicum, diced
- Tbsp of coconut or almond flour
- Cup of bread crumbs or 2 slices of bread made into crumbs
- 1 slice of lemon zest, diced
- 1 avocado
- handful of alfalfa and broccoli sprouts
- Sliced beetroot
- Your choice of wholegrain burgerbuns
- Drain black beans and mash in a large bowl till the beans turn from black to grey
- Saute half the onion and mushrooms, in half of the oil with the spices for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, add in the capsicum till soft. Once done, place all in the black bean mix and stir well.
- Add in rest of the oil, flour, lemon zest and breadcrumbs. Mix well.
- Create 4 patties and cook in pan or BBQ till cooked.
- While cooking Pattie, place the burger bun in oven and warm/toast.
- Also prepare platter of beetroot, sprouts, avaocado, rest of onion and rest of mushrooms sautéed. Place on table so people can make their own burger how they wish.
*Some other great fillers would be pickles or sun dried tomatoes!
If you make any masterpieces, make sure you tag me on instagram @Yogawithceri and share all this goodness with your friends because a meal isn’t fully enjoyed if it isn’t shared!
Much love x