Vegan red kidney bean nachos are my absolute favourite go-to dinner at the moment. it’s so simple and quick to make, but Tastes unreal.
Compared to the normal processed and ‘unhealthy fat’ filled nacho chips, you can now eat these without any guilt cause you’ve got everything mixed in there, from your protein, fibre and iron from the beans, carbohydrates from the Kumara and healthy fats from the avo! So you can feel good about eating these nachos thats for sure.
These will only take about 20-25 minutes to make, and probably about 30 seconds to eat!
If you want this recipe and so many more yummy recipes I have just finished a FREE Ebook, which is a full month meal plan, which you can follow along with, to increase your whole foods and to all round feel the best you can! Click HERE to check it out and receive your downloadable copy.
What You Need:
- 1 Kumara/sweet potato
- 6 white button mushrooms
- 1tbsp garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes + juice
- 1 tin of red kidney beans
- 1/2 floret of broccoli
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 red onion
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Heat oven on 180 degrees on fan bake. Meanwhile cut up the Kumara into thin slices, like nacho chips, drizzle with oil, herbs and salt and place in oven until soft
- Cut up the brown onion and mushrooms, sauté together in a pan with avocado oil and the garlic, with a little bit of water.
- Grate the carrot, cut up 3/4 of the red pepper, and broccoli and place into the pan with the mushrooms. Stir and warm for 5 minutes.
- Add in the kidney beans, tomatoes and optional pasta sauce. Heat for another 5-10 minutes.
- While waiting for that to warm, make the guacamole: mix the avocado, 1/4 chopped pepper, diced red onion, and juice of lemon.
- Take Kumara out of oven, line the plate with the chips and place the kidney bean mix and top with the guacamole