My BIGGEST pet peeve is when someone says they will do something but never follow through. Its a pet peeve, not because people keep disappointing me, its that they keep disappointing themselves.
We have all done it.. say we are going to start going to the gym, start practicing yoga, start eating healthy, say we want to start making some serious money, stop being a bitch.. What? Who said that?
But honestly, if you want something so bad that you are speaking it out loud, then it must be important to you right? So if it is so important to you, then why are you letting something get in the way of that goal. That being, your friends making fun of you, your lack of money (again this can just be an excuse), fear of failure, and not setting goals/plans in place to get there.
Our minds are our biggest downfall, but when we train it to do what we need it to do, then we are unstoppable. Here are my top 5 tips to getting what you want out of life/how to follow through with what you want/not being a little bitch
- WRITE THAT SHIT DOWN- Refer back to ‘This Blog Post’, for a more in-depth understanding as to what this can truly do to you, but this is always going to be the most important point for me. I have about 20 lists on my phone notes, diary, random pieces of paper etc, because I am a firm believer in that you are the creator of everything in your life, from what has happened, to what you can make happen. That everything that is in your life right now, good and bad, is there because you made it. What does this mean for you? You can change/create/dream up anything that your heart desires. The first step in this? Write it down. You want to start going to the gym and lose 10kg? Go you. But thinking about it, isn’t going to get you there fast enough. When you write down EXACTLY what you want (how much you want to lose, by when, how etc), then it will happen.
This photo here is from one of my many lists on my phone, where I wrote down exactly what I wanted. I was unhappy with 3 things in my life that I kept telling myself I would do, but never achieved them. Definitely still working on them but I know it will get better.
2. TELL SOMEONE-But don’t tell that person that I talked about before who doesn’t believe in your goals, but tell someone who will hold you accountable, who will take you higher. I am definitely not telling you to get rid of those friends, but I think it’s always a great idea to surround yourself with people who are on the same wavelength as you. You need someone who will not beat around the bush with you, and tell you straight up if you’re slacking. -Side note anyone out there who wants to be my side kick, hit ya girl up. Not even joking btw
3. MAKE NEW HABITS- Referring back to my photo above; it is all about setting up new habits. Fun fact, it only takes 21 days to make something a habit (How many times can I say habit in one paragraph?).
Yeah I know, I also wish it was that easy. But honestly I think its a good starting point to getting what you want. Because it’s a short term goal that is great to work towards everyday. For example, you want to start mediating everyday? Then set up a time slot at the same time everyday (helpful hint, do it in the morning), you may even have to get up a-little bit earlier for it, but how badly do you want this? So its just creating those new daily routines to merge around your goals. A good way to do this and hold yourself accountable is to write on your mirror, something that you want yourself to read when you’re being slack, gets me every time.
4. GET RID OF THE NEGATIVE SELF TALK-We all know that voice inside our heads that tells us we aren’t ever good enough, or that we will never make it. I totally get it. What we need to do about that, is realise that it isn’t actually our voice. It is this thing that we have put there ourselves to self sabotage. That voice is stopping us from a whole lot of things we want to achieve and firstly you actually have to realise its there. Notice it whenever you want to do something but it puts you down. Once you notice that you have this psycho in your head, then you can learn to push it away and instead fill your head with positives. Trade a negative comment for a positive one. For example, ‘but everyone is going to judge me about having a blog and writing down tips for people to follow, like anyone actually cares’, TO ‘People may judge me, but that is totally a reflection of them, and not of me. Maybe they’ve always wanted to do this, but never had the courage’.
Its so hard at first, but it’ll come (just another habit to work on). I ALWAYS say ‘you can do so much more than your mind thinks it can’.
5. GO GET IT- Oh and just incase you thought I forgot… You actually have to work your ass off. You have got your goal, and this is the steps you take, and this will be so hard, but so so worth it. You want to have so much passion for what you want, that you will fall asleep thinking about it, wake up ready for it, and spend all day working towards it.
I’m so excited to see where life takes me (what I should actually say is- where I take life), and Im so excited for everyone else around me to also get what they want out of life. Go get it girl.
What is one thing that you want to do? Please go do it. like now. Cause life is far to short to not.