Why RAWnola? Because this has no additives & preservatives, it is just 4 simple, raw ingredients added together that tastes amazing. The perfect snack with some nuts, or something to add to the top of your smoothie for something a lil’ extra.
What you need
*this made a big jar full + more*
- 2 cups of dates
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 cups of desiccated coconut
- 3 Tbsp golden syrup
- Soak dates for at least an hour, then blend, in either a food processor or blender
- *While this is happening, turn on oven to 180 degrees, fan bake*
- Once they are blended, add in the coconut and blend again
- Add the oats in and blend
- When everything is kind of blended, pulse it rather the blend or else it will turn into a paste, until it looks ready (you’ll know, you just want it to look like it is all blended together (how many times can I say blend in one blog post?))
- After this put a sheet of baking paper on a tray, grease it (your choice), then spread it out onto the tray. its a weird consistency so you will have to break it up
- Drizzle maple syrup on top, and chuck In oven
- Leave in oven for 10 mins then take it out, shake it up, then again for another 3 mins or so.
- Let it cool and put it in a container/jar (I love jars) and try not to eat to much of it in one go!