CHIA SEED PUDDING; For those of you who want a healthy (and quick!) alternative to a sweet breakfast.
I only recently found this recipe by a post on Instagram that got my mouth watering, and I knew I had to make it. The only thing was… that it just wasn’t as good as it looked. I know, I cried too. So obviously me being me, I didn’t let that stop me, so I went on a chia seed pudding frenzy and I have finally found the perfect recipe, that incorporates just a little bit more than chia seeds and milk. And I now get to share it with you!
P.S-If you read right down to the bottom of this post, you’ll get to find out why this sweet tasting breakfast (or dinner), is SO good for you.
- 3Tbsp of Chia seeds
- 1 cup of Coconut milk OR almond, soy, or any milk substitute
- 2tsp of Decicated coconut OR coconut flakes.
- 3/4 cup of Fresh or frozen berries-Any berry is fine, I used blueberries and blackberries.
- Splash of Maple syrup
- Juice of half a lemon
- Splash of water
- Add the chia seeds and milk into a container/cup/jar, and soak over night, or for a couple of hours, in the fridge. Be sure to have a jar that is big enough, as the chia seeds expand lots.
- Once you get them out, half the contents so that you can put the compote in the middle.
- In a saucepan, heat the berries, water, maple syrup, lemon on medium heat until warm and squishy.
- Then add the Compote to the middle of the jar, shove the rest of the chia seed pudding on top.
Sprinkle the coconut on top, you can add some more berries, nuts or whatever you want on as-well, and ENJOY!
What your body is getting out of this:
Chia seeds are the best superfood around, filled with omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber, iron and a whole heap more-The reason why its a superfood! If you incorporate chia seeds in your everyday life, you are going to flow well, if ya know what I mean, because of the fiber; your hair, nails, skin is going to stay young and feel healthy from the antioxidants. AND to top it all off, the fatty acids helps raise the HDL cholesterol (the healthy kind) in your body, which in turn helps protect against heart disease and strokes! You would be correct in assuming I put that shiz on everything I eat.
Incorporating a substitute for milk In day to day life is so important. Most of us are lactose intolerant and we don’t even realise it because we have been drinking cows milk all our lives. And don’t even get me started about how we are the only living things on earth that drink another animals milk, and think its good for us. Its weird when you think about it right!? Hence the reason why I used the coconut milk instead, cause it hits you with a big dose of vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6, which are all going to make you into the strongest, healthiest, nutrient dense person out there.
AND thats just the base of the breakfast, when you add in all those nuts, berries, coconut, and lemon, you totally won’t even know what hit you.